The Ultimate Design Sourcebook for Wood Spirits and Green
Green Men and Wood Spirits, historical symbols that link the
forces of nature and humanity, have re-emerged as popular
subjects for woodcarvers as well as for artists of other
mediums. In Wood Spirits and Green Men noted artist and
author Lora S. Irish has created the ultimate sourcebook for
carving these classic figures. Tips, techniques,
illustrations and a full-color photo gallery provide the
information and inspiration necessary to successfully create
your own interpretation of this timeless icon -regardless of
what medium you select.
- An examination of the history and evolution of the Green
Man and Wood Spirit symbols.
- Step-by-step information for carving a Green Man and a
Wood Spirit walking stick by renowned carvers Chris Pye and
- 40 ready-to-use, well-designed patterns and 50 premium
- Tips and techniques for drawing the human face for
modifying existing Green Man and Wood Spirit patterns.
- A gallery of eye-catching and inspiring photos from Clive
Hicks displaying the historical - and informative --
architectural contexts of the Green Man.