Until they have to pack up their saw and their table to go to a job site, most people don’t realize just how heavy or impractical these tools are to move. Fortunately, several manufacturers have addressed this problem by making available portable table saws that are easy to pack up and bring with you when you’re heading to the job site.
The quality of these tools are pretty good nowadays, but some of them are obviously better than other ones. With that in mind, we’ve gathered together ten of the best models and have listed them below for you. Each of these saws is a good choice for either use at home or taking to the job site.
Best Portable Table Saws – Top List
10Rockwell Blade Runner X2
Designed to be easily carried to and from a job site, this portable table saw sets up in only a matter of seconds and is ready to rip materials in no-time flat. This product weighs less than 15-pounds, but it’s durable enough to perform a variety of different jobs including ripping wood, metal, plastic or aluminum. It has a hold-down guard, and its blade changes are quick and easy thanks to its tool-free blade change system. Additional features found on this saw include a vacuum port, a miter gauge, a 5-piece starter blade set, and a large steel rip fence.
9SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch
Regardless of whether the user intends on setting up this saw in their garage or need to take it to a job site, this saw is ready to serve as a central piece of equipment in the person’s tool collection. It’s made to be extremely durable but also to be extremely easy to set up and transport. This product’s table is 20-inches by 26-inches and is made from cast aluminum, a material that makes it durable but keeps it light. It also has a 3.5-inch cut height that’s good for cutting through multiple materials at one time. And it also has a self-aligning rip fence that makes for accurate measurements each and every time.
8Rockwell RK7241S Saw With Laser
Although this saw is unlike many of the other portable saws on the market, it’s lightweight design, and versatility makes it a great tool for any workshop or job site. It has a heavy duty design and features a fully-assembled trolley stand that is easy to transport to and from the job site. It also has a maximum cutting depth of 2-9/16-inches at 45-degrees or 3-9/16-inches at 90-degrees. This product is also equipped exclusive laser indicator to use for adjusting blade tilt. Its unique fold-out fence and large cut depth make it one of the most powerful portable saws available.
7Craftman Evolv 15-Amp 10-Inch Table
Designed to have a compact design that will fit into even the most crowded workshop and to be lightweight enough to take to the job site, this table saw is a perfect tool for just about any DIY enthusiasts or professional woodworker. It has a 25-inch by 17-inch steel tabletop that’s durable enough for regular use and is big enough to handle a variety of large materials. This table has a comfortable working height and is also extremely easy to use for most projects. It has an arbor size of 5/8-inch, has a cord length of 6-feet and has a maximum cut depth of 3-inch at 90-degrees.
6Bosch 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw GTS1031
With a single handle carry-design, this portable saw can be easily carried into a job site and just as easily carried out of one. It comes with on-tool storage under the table, which helps it to be even more portable than comparable saw models. And although it’s extremely easy to carry to a job site, it doesn’t mean that it isn’t tough because it is. This product features an all-steel base that can hold up to frequent abuse and is rated to withstand heavy impacts. Features found on this saw include a square lock-up fence, a 10-inch 24-tooth carbide table saw blade and a 5,000 no-load RPM motor for power.
5SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10-Inch Portable Worm Drive
Marketed as one of the world’s first worm-drive table saws, this compact unit is not only capable of being easily taken anywhere but is designed for maximum torque and power. It features a 15-Amp dual-field motor that provides great cutting speed and is designed to be extremely durable. This tool also has a 25-inch rip capacity and a 3.5-inch depth of cut that allows it to rip through a variety of different materials efficiently. Other features found on this tool include a self-aligning rip fence, a 24-tooth carbide-tipped blade, and a miter gauge. And since it weighs approximately 50-pounds, it’s very portable.
4Dewalt DWE7480XA 10-Inch Table Saw
Rack and pinion telescoping fence rails, a 15-Amp 4,800 RPM motor and 24-inches of rip capacity are only a handful of the features that can be found on this table saw. This tool only weighs about 48-pounds but is big enough and powerful enough for just about any job. It has a 24-tooth carbide blade that enhances cut quality, and this blade can be adjusted from 0 to 45-degrees for a number of bevel applications. It also features a 2.5-inch vacuum hookup that helps to minimize cleanup once the day’s work has been finished. Overall, this is a product designed to complete its job, no matter where its job is located.
3Bosch 4100-10 Gravity-Rise
Since this table uses a gravity-rise system, it’s not only extremely portable, but it’s also extremely easy to set up. It can be adjusted to the height needed by the user, and when the operator is done with it, it collapses quite easily. And since it’s on 8-inch pneumatic treaded wheels, it can be easily wheeled around the job site. Another feature worth mentioning is this product’s 15-Amp saw which delivers a no-load speed of 3,650 RPM. This is more than enough power for most rip or cross-cutting jobs. Additional features found on this saw include a smart guard system, a ripping capacity of 25-inches and soft-start circuitry that minimizes circuit breaker tripping.
2Dewalt DWE7491RS 10-Inch
Although this table saw is heavier than most portable models, weighing in at approximately 90-pounds, it’s rolling stand and onboard storage system makes it a table that is easily loaded into a pickup for transport. And once at the job site, this product is more than capable of handling any job thrown at it. It has a 15-Amp motor and a 32.5-inch rip capacity that’s perfect for cutting down a variety of trim materials and/or shelving. It also has a 2.5-inch dust collection port that makes cleanup a breeze and has a rack & pinion fence system for fast and accurate adjustments.
1Dewalt DW745 10-Inch Compact Table Saw
This 10-inch compact table saw has some features which make it one of the best portable table saws available. It features a 15-AMP high-torque motor that delivers a 3,850 RPM no-load speed, and it has a 10-inch 24-tooth carbide blade. This table also comes with telescoping fence rails, a dust collection port, and a miter gauge. Weighing only about 50-pounds, this table can be taken almost anywhere quite easily. Some of the other features found on this product include the ability to make bevel cuts, a blade guard, a push stick and a 20-inch rip capacity. And all of these features work together to make this an exceptional compact table saw.
Here are more recommendations from Amazon:
Portable Table Saw Guide
Although a portable table saw should be lighter and easy to move from job to job, there is no reason why you should have to compromise on quality. There are plenty of excellent choices on the market that make it a great purchase, but only if you know what you should be looking for.
We have created the following guide to help clear a few things up. This is where you will discover what the best portable table saws are capable of, so you can make an astute purchase and still get a powerful motor capable of high ripping speeds.
What To Look For In A Portable Table Saw
- Adequate Horsepower – This is what gives your portable table saw its kick so don’t settle for anything under 1 horsepower. This will allow you to make light work of anything around 2 inches thick and below so anyone working with thicker wood will want a bit more. With 3 horsepower you open up a lot more options in terms of what the saw can cut so be mindful of what you plan on using it for.
- High RPM – The no-load speed of a portable table saw will determine how easily it can cut through wood to give you a smooth finish. Generally, the higher the better although there does come a certain point where you don’t need as much. Adjusting the thickness is made easy when you get this right and anything over 4,000 RPM gives you plenty to play with.
- Non-Slip Legs – Not all portable table saws come with legs as some are standalone devices designed to go on a benchtop but for the ones that do, non-slip legs are important. This allows you to move the mood steadily and without movement which will help to keep you safe. Stability is key when it comes to working with a saw.
- Rip Glide Fence – Not only does a quality rip glide fence help to keep your cuts accurate but the stronger it is, the easier it is to keep the wood even. You’ll want it to be easy to adjust so you can match it to different widths as it runs parallel to the wood.
- Left Blade Tilt – Compared to a right blade tilt, this ensures kickbacks are less common and it one of the first things a lot of professionals look for as it is known for being a lot safer.
- Flat Table Surface – You would expect a portable table saw to be flat of course but some have less of a gradient than others. Look at the customer reviews to see if this is an issue and always use a leveler to make sure the area you are working on is flat.
- Dust Collection – Using a portable table saw can be messy work so you will need somewhere for the debris to go. A lot of the time a dust collecting section comes as standard and you will be thankful that it does when you are sweeping a minimal amount of sawdust instead of finding it all over your workshop. Some portable table saws give you two areas of dust collection, one above and one below the blade.
- Safety – The most crucial part of any powerful saw is the safety features and portable table saws are no exception. The more advanced products come with a flesh sensor as standard which means it will shut off the moment it detects contact with the skin. This significantly reduces the severity of an accident when you aren’t concentrating.
Another useful safety feature is an anti-kickback mechanism and if you can find a product that has a device to prevent unintentional activation then even better.
- Extra Features – The main thing a portable table saw should do beyond cutting is be easy to move around. Beyond having enough power and being safe to use it is always nice for it to have a few extra features. This can come in the form of giving you a little storage or a place to hang certain tools but for some models, just having a comfortable handle is a bonus.
Portable Table Saw Vs Standalone Table Saw
Most people looking for a portable table saw just need to be able to use it in different places which is why they are common on construction sites. A standalone table saw doesn’t suit this type of work so this is the main benefit.
Of course, a standalone table saw will give you more power and better storage but these are not as important as being able to move it from job to job.
Portable Table Saw Safety Tips
Most accidents occur when the user isn’t concentrating or becomes too complacent around the device so always keep a mind that is sharper than the saw to ensure your safety.
Beyond this, anti-kickback and an easy to press off switch are two good ways of keeping yourself safe. Remember to read the safety instructions before using and always wear safety goggles when operating the portable table saw. Never wear loose-fitting clothes of jewlry and only use the saw for what the manual says it should be used for.